In preparation for entering private practice, I participated in various aspects of clinical genre. Areas that I accumulated valuable experience include, but are not limited to, working with children, families, hospices/bereavement, home health, and the medical trauma setting.
Since creating my private clinical practice in 2001, I continue to work with seniors, adults, young adults, and couples. In an effort to broaden my areas of expertise, I completed studies for a Master of Business Administration in 2011. This work is very rewarding and affords me the opportunity to engage people in strategic planning, role development, conflict resolution, stress management and other consultative services.
As a result of the passion I have for clinical work and the positive response I receive from people learning new skills, I too, am experiencing personal growth. Not only have I expanded my formal education, as listed below, but also continue to gain a wealth of practical, hands on knowledge to better relate to and assist my clients.
On a personal note, I enjoy walking, biking, reading, and traveling, along with following business and economic trends.
Education, Certification, & Licensure:
- Certified Mediator, in 13th Judicial Circuit, Boone & Callaway Co. (2013)
- MBA, Master of Business Administration, Stephens College (2011)
- LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Missouri, (2001)
- MSW, Master of Social Work, University of Missouri (1998)
- BES, Bachelor of Educational Studies – Educational & Counseling Psychology, University of Missouri (1989)
- Cognitive Behavioral Theory
- Family Systems Theory
- Conflict Theory