How to Recognize Whether You Should Change Your Job
Many people are unhappy with their jobs, but how is job dissatisfaction measured? Using the Personal Performance Model every evening for the next three weeks, ask yourself the following three questions:
- Have to. To what extent are my current tasks being imposed on me or demanded of me?
- Able to. To what extent do my tasks match my abilities?
- Want to. To what extent does my current task correspond to what I really want?
After three weeks, if you continue to analyze your job differently, your job is offering variety. If not, and the analysis is always the same, then you may need to ask yourself the following questions:
- What do you want?
- Are you able to do what you want?
- What are you able to do?
- Do you want what you are able to do?
Remember: This is only the beginning.
Source: Krogerus, M., Tschappeler, R., The Decision Book (The Personal Performance Model). W. W. Norton & Co. N. Y. / London.